Brookdale will show appreciation for our teacher during Teacher Appreciation week by doing the following.
1. Special treats and positive messages shared with all employees
2. Host a “Thank You” catered lunch served to all employees Tuesday,
May 3 in our media center @ 2:00.
3. Host a "Pamper Day." (manicures) for teachers on Wednesday, May 4.
4. Host a "Thank You Breakfast" for all employees on Friday, May 6.
Parents and families are encouraged to show appreciation for our teachers with small tokens of kindness for your child’s teacher, especially during Teacher Appreciation Week. A kind word, positive written messages, or even a smile can brighten a teacher’s day.
Additional Ideas for Parents and Families
· Write personal thank-you notes to your children's teachers. Also say thanks the next time you talk to your children's teachers, or send a quick e-mail expressing gratitude.
· Give a teacher an apple, bookmark, homemade goodies or crafts, "World's Greatest Teacher" mugs, or coffee shop gift cards.
· Teachers appreciate gift certificates that help them purchase the little extras needed in their classrooms.
Most importantly, parents are encouraged to use Teacher Appreciation Week as a launching point for developing stronger partnerships with teachers. Expressions of appreciation can build mutual respect and open the door to better communication about expectations, student performance, and more.
Brookdale Elementary 2015-2016 Teacher of The Year
Congratulations to Ammariah McCray OCSD5 Dr. MLK Oratory Competition 3rd Place Winner
"Brookdale Elementary School hosted a Family STEM Night on Monday, October 19. The purpose of the event was to spark our students' interest in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. The Brookdale Math and Science committee coordinated the event. The committee members are Mrs. Latonya Nelson (chairperson), Mrs. Latasha Murray, Mr. Herman Jamison, Ms. Veronica Hodges, Ms. Jessica McCrae, Ms. Angela Maitland, Mr. David Williams, and Mr. Kedrick Lusk. Dr. Derrick James (Instructional Coach at Bethune-Bowman K-12 Complex) and Ms. Latoya Glen (Digital Resource Coach at Marshall Elementary) and the math and science committee members shared very interesting and highly engaging activities with our students and their families. Four lucky participants won door prizes and dinner was provided. Thank you to everyone who made our Family STEM Night a tremendous success!"
Brookdale Celebrates Red Ribbon Week
"Red Ribbon Week" is a National public awareness week against the use of illegal drugs. In honor of Red Ribbon Week, Brookdale participated with a variety of activities such as being too cool for drugs by wearing shades and illustrating that character counts by dressing as your favorite book character.
"The Brookdale Elementary grill masters were awarded the Best Chicken trophy at the OCSD5 tailgating extravaganza on Friday, August 14 at Orangeburg-Wilkinson High School". (Pictured from left to right are Mr. K. Lusk, Mr. D. Williams, Mr. E. Dunning, Mr. H. Jamison, Mr. K. Williams, & Rev. C. Collins)
Click here to check out teaching extraordinaire, Ms. Hodges, as she models effective strategies with her Kindergarten students in